Information and pictures from St. James Anniversary booklets, courtesy
Lorane and Ernest (Jerry) Gramlich
St. James Church
|St. James was planned at the old Fire House on Seba Avenue during 1924.
During one of the meetings, its name was changed from First Protestant Church to St. James
Lutheran Church. It was built by Fraser and Berau for a contract of $40,000. The
cornerstone was laid on September 13, 1925 and the first service was held on May 23, 1925.
The Gloria Trumpeters were part of that service.
||The St. James parades featured floats, decorated bikes and
carriages, and children carrying American flags. At annual bazaars, a clown would be
dunked in the water when someone threw a baseball and hit a target.
Please check the Photo Gallery for pictures
related to St. James.
Board | Address Book | Photo Gallery | Search
March 09, 2005